Prefix Temporary Download Filenames with "Delete"

4:01 AM

This tip makes it easier to clean your download folder with a simple filename tip:

I often download files just for the purpose of printing or quickly reviewing or reading, and often don't need to keep the file on my system. However I am not great about trashing these downloaded files right away, and often spend time cleaning these files up days (or weeks) later. Of course, by that time I can't remember what the file is, so I have to open it and confirm that I don't need it, and thus the cleanup process can often take some time.

Recently I started prefixing the name of these unwanted files with 'DELETE' when I download the file. Now when I perform my Cleaning I can delete the files without having to spend time figuring out whether to file or discard.

I hop this tip will help make you cleaning your download folder or deleting files which you don't need later.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images